2016 BaySci Teacher Leadership Academy
Science, Literacy & the Next Generation Science Standards
Seeking opportunities to reflect on your teaching?
Want to collaborate with colleagues to improve science in your district?
Would you like to learn important ways to connect science and literacy?
Interested in joining your district’s Science Leadership Team?
Join an emerging network of like-minded Bay Area teachers for the 2016 BaySci Teacher Leadership Academy at the Lawrence Hall of Science. (The BaySci Teacher Leadership Academy is only open to participating BaySci school districts or districts committed to joining BaySci during the following school year.)
One 5-Day Summer Workshop
9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Monday – Friday August 1 – August 5, 2016
Location: Lawrence Hall of Science, Room 150
• Examine links between the English Language Arts Common Core State Standards and the Next Generation Science Standards.
• Experience hands-on activities that exemplify the strategic integration of science & literacy.
• Explore strategies for the effective use of science notebooks and classroom discourse to support meaning making in science.
• Learn to use classroom evidence to be more reflective about teaching and learning.
• Network with like-minded BaySci teachers from partner districts to share strategies, grow your classroom practice and build your leadership in science.
Please contact Vanessa Lujan at email@example.com if you are interested in attending.