BaySci District Teacher Leadership Academy
BaySci Professional Development | May 7 | 9 a.m.-3:20 p.m. | 150 at Lawrence Hall of Science
2014-2015 BaySci Teacher Leadership Academy
Science, Literacy & the Next Generation Science Standards
Seeking opportunities to reflect on your teaching?
Want to collaborate with colleagues to improve science in your district?
Would you like to learn important ways to connect science and literacy?
Interested in joining your district’s Science Leadership Team?
Join an emerging network of like-minded Bay Area teachers for the 2014-15 BaySci Teacher Leadership Academy at the Lawrence Hall of Science. (The BaySci Teacher Leadership Academy is only open to participating BaySci school districts.)
One 5-Day Summer Workshop
9:00 am – 3:30 pm
Monday – Friday July 28 – August 1, 2014
Three Full-Day Follow-up Sessions
9:00 am – 3:30 pm
Oct 28, 2014 / Jan 29, 2015 / May 7, 2015
• Examine links between the English Language Arts Common Core State Standards and the Next Generation Science Standards.
• Experience hands-on activities that exemplify the strategic integration of science & literacy.
• Explore strategies for the effective use of science notebooks and classroom discourse to support meaning making in science.
• Learn to use classroom evidence to be more reflective about teaching and learning.
• Network with like-minded BaySci teachers from partner districts to share strategies, grow your classroom practice and build your leadership in science.
Who Should Apply?
K–5 Elementary Teachers interested in science leadership who…
• are from a BaySci partner district
• are interested in becoming more reflective in their practice
• are willing to share ideas and best practices with colleagues
• are available and willing to attend the summer institute and all 3 follow-up sessions during the school year
• catered meals provided at all sessions
• up to 6 Continuing Education Units (CEU’s) from Dominican University (optional; registration fee paid by participant)
• BaySci support throughout the year
Attendance restrictions: Application window is now closed. This event is open only to selected participants.
Event Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, 510-643-0311
See the full calendar listing for more information about this Professional Development event.