Welcome to BaySci
Led by the Lawrence Hall of Science, Exploratorium, and Inverness Research, BaySci is a coordinated effort by science education leaders, Science-rich Education Institutions (SREIs), districts, schools, and teachers to systematically enhance the quantity and quality of K-12 science teaching and learning in districts and schools.
BaySci is aimed at improving the likelihood that every student in BaySci districts will encounter high quality science experiences within a national and state context surrounding the implementation and convergence of the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) and the Common Core State Standards (CCSS).
The work of BaySci ensures that our partners see NGSS and the Common Core are not just aligned, but convergent, and that implementing both are essential to curricular and intellectual coherence in our education system.
View BaySci Network in a larger map
Interested in joining BaySci? Need support with NGSS implementation? Please Contact us.
BaySci's research and evaluation component, conducted by Inverness Research, Inc. ensures that the maximum possible impact of the program is achieved.
- District Leadership Seminars 2016-2017 Dates June 27, 2016
- Second 60-day Review of the CA Science Framework June 10, 2016
- BaySci Teacher Leadership Academy – August 1-5, 2016 April 27, 2016
- LCAP Toolkit for STEM Advocates December 7, 2015
- 60-day Public Review of the CA Science Framework November 20, 2015
- FOSS NextGen K-5 “Open House” Sessions November 15, 2015